DOES MY CHILD NEED HELP?
It's hard to determine whether or not your child needs help without seeing them. However, if you're on the fence, here are a few questions you can ask yourself about your child to determine speech-language therapy may be needed:
- Has anyone ever suggested speech-language therapy to you? A doctor? A parent? A teacher?
- Is your child talking? How much? Are they increasing the amount they talk or the amount of words they use over time?
- Does your child respond to questions or directions?
- Do you have a difficult time understanding your child? Do others have a difficult time understanding your child?
- Does your child repeat words or sounds over and over?
- Is your child's speech or language a point of frustration for them?
We believe all people should be given every opportunity to use and be comfortable with their voice.
“Tami is amazing. She is always smiling and she takes the time to get to know each of her students personally and always makes them feel special. She has not only worked with students from my classroom, but also my daughter. There isn’t a better person for the job. We just love her!"
“Tami offers evidence-based practices, all while integrating in fun and developmentally appropriate activities that children enjoy. She meticulously tracks client progress to continually modify interventions to meet their ever-changing needs. I highly recommend Tami for all of your child’s speech and language needs!”